DXgov one step closer to a complete DAO product suite
The DXgov squad, which builds governance products for DXdao and other DAOs, has been hard at work on a host of initiatives focused on secure, decentralized governance. The squad is currently reviewing an audit of the smart contract for its Guilds governance structure, a lightweight ERC20 governance system. Once completed, a new front-end will be integrated and be ready to use by any project looking to upgrade their governance from the Snapshot + multisig model. The first to use Guilds — still brainstorming names — will be Swapr. SWPR token holders will have the ability to launch liquidity mining campaigns and manage their own treasury.
There have also been some developments on the DXdao governance side of DXgov. DXvote, a decentralized front-end that enables governance on Ethereum mainnet, Gnosis Chain and Arbitrum One, is moving towards a two-pronged approach for its governance applications. The legacy application remains the most secure way for REP holders to govern DXdao, but a new application — based off of work done for the Guilds framework — will be built that will be usable by DXdao or any other DAO. There is lots more in Ross’s DXgov Q2ish Report & Update. There are also whispers of a new DXgov branding effort.
Swapr Celebrates Important Milestones
This May featured several very important milestones for Swapr; the squad took to Twitter and the Swapr publication for a congratulatory post on the protocol and commemorating the incredible community that brought it to where it is today. You can find that post in its entirety here.
To kick it off, Swapr crossed an incredible total of 1m transactions on Gnosis Chain, Arbitrum and Ethereum, while Gnosis chain with its incredibly low fees hald a large portion of this total. The total of these trades was supported by an all time protocol volume of over $243m, and average TVL of $25m. You can find all this info and more on Swapr’s recently updated statistics dashboard, DXstats.
Here is a quote from the above post:
We have reasons to believe the actual transactions placed on Swapr are significantly more than just a million. How could this be? Swapr pioneered a unique functionality dubbed “eco-routing”, gathering quotes from the most liquid AMMs in the space and granting users the ability to route and execute their trades on those without leaving Swapr, for free. And because Swapr is privacy preserving, meaning it has no cookies and doesn’t collect or track personal user data, the public on chain activity only shows us the transactions in Swapr’s own contracts.
Next up, pull requests! The Swapr dApp github, found here, passed its own milestone with over 1000 pull requests, which continues to climb day-by-day. With dozens of contributors decentralized around the world, Swapr prides itself in its open source nature.
Last but not least, Swapr found itself as the largest DEX by TVL on Gnosis Chain through DefiLlama in the same week! With the only consistency of the current market being inconsistency, Swapr no longer holds this position, but the community is incredibly excited to be competing with the best of the best on Gnosis Chain.
DXdao commits to Ministry position in Dawn DAO by The DAOist
DXdao passed a proposal to join the Dawn DAO and sent a $25k to TheDAOist.eth to support the new initiative, which will enhance The DAOist’s ability to craft unique experiences about the growth and evolution of DAOs. The newly formed Dawn DAO will be a new venue for DAOs and DAO enthusiasts to gather and coordinate on building and promoting content and programming around the latest developments in decentralized governance.
The launch of Dawn DAO will also coincide with the launch of a new DAO-focused co-working space in Lisbon. It will host DAO-related events throughout the year, while serving as a (de)centralizing point for governance aficionados.
Other fun initiatives:
- TheDAOist HR Open Hours — DXdao contributor and lead of Contributor Experience squad operations @melanie__davis had the opportunity to chat HR in Web3 with the People Operations Guild.
- Carrot Awareness Recap — Sky took to the forum to recap and discuss the findings of DXdao’s “Results-Based Awareness Mining Campaign during ETH Week in Amsterdam”.
- DXdao on Twitter Spaces — For the first time, DXdao hosted its weekly community call on Twitter Spaces! The community had a great time chatting DAO’s and decentralization with the folks at EPNS. There was even some alpha on the upcoming Operation Decentralization show…
- DeFi Toronto — DXdao contributor @jpkcambridge had the opportunity to chat scaling DeFi through a DAO at DeFi Toronto alongside @CharlieStLouis, and @RyanCoordinator.
Social highlights for May
- @KeenanLukeCCC celebrates Swapr’s achievements over the past few months.
- DXdao contributor @sminert shares his thoughts on his talk at Schelling point Amsterdam.
- GnosisDAO shared some info on their special guests from, you guessed it, DXdao!
- See if you can identify DXdao or its contributors on the GGG aftermovie in Amsterdam.
- @CryptoGucci gives a long update on weekly happenings in Ethereum, including but not limited to DXdao’s addition to @ethdotorg,
May Popular Forum Discussions
About DXdao: DXdao is a decentralized collective that builds, owns, and governs DeFi and governance products. Reputation (REP) is voting power in DXdao, and DXD is the financial token with a claim on profit from DXdao products.
DXdao products include Omen (prediction markets), Carrot (programmable incentives), DXgov (governance framework), and Swapr (governance-enabled AMM). DXdao believes in governance and decentralization.