DXdao Month in Review | October 2022
Returning from Bogota! DXdao travelled out in full force to Colombia to host the now famous Infinite Hackathon Oct 7–9, attend Devcon VI and then participate in a DAO retreat to strengthen bonds, improve communications and set the course for DXdao.
DXD co-hosts the Infinite Genesis Hackathon.
DXdao joined forces with long-time friends in the space, Brink, Hopr, Swarm and Kleros and hosted an amazing hackathon in the beautiful city of Bogotá Colombia, right before Devcon. Infinite Genesis Hackathon was developed with the primary purpose of engaging hackers and giving them an environment that was supportive, motivational, unleashing their innovative and creative spirit.
Infinite Genesis started on Friday, 7th of October and concluded on Sunday the 9th. With final submissions ending at 1pm, 15 projects presented at the closing. Entrants had 5 minutes to present their builds followed by an innovative style of judging done publicly and in real-time, with judges awarding a score of 1–10 on the spot. The energy was electric and one gold place winner, two silver place winners and four bronze winners were chosen.
The Hackathon concluded with hors d’oeuvres and cocktails on the 20th floor with magnificent 240° views of the beautiful Bogatá as the sun set! It could not have been better.
Restructuring moves to Phase 2
DXdao passed a signal proposal in September to embark on an Alternative Restructuring and Refocus process. This initiative is divided into three phases and is intended to reset DXdao on a course for long-term success.
Phase 2 begins the process of agreeing on a new structure for how DXdao governs itself. These discussions involve how contributors and squads are funded as well as what the overall vision of DXdao is. In Colombia, there were conversations and presentations and now the community is moving towards solidifying the parameters of Phase 2 and getting started on the hard work of developing and governing through the new structure.
Swapr prepares for next phase
In September SWPR token passed its one year anniversary and in December Swapr will celebrate its two year mainnet anniversary. This an the market’s recent decline has led to a discussion in the community on the future of Swapr.
The SWPR guild is soon to launch but DXdao is expected to continue to provide support to the Swapr squad. The squad posted a Q4 roadmap on its plans and there are other discussions on the long-term trajectory of Swapr, with a particular focus on how the decentralized front-end can be utilized and what upgrades to the back-end could be implemented.
There are also community discussions on the future of SWPR farming. As the initial distribution phase winds down, community discussion has shifted towards targeted pairs for liquidity rewards. The discussion is still ongoing — make your voice be heard.
All the while, SWPR token has been performing well and the community is preparing for the Arbitrum Odyssey.
Other fun initiatives:
- Contributor health and happiness in DAOs ended up being a much bigger topic than expected and Contributor X Lead, Melanie Davis, represented DXdao in this hot Devcon topic.
- The DAOist set up in Colombia and @sminert hopped on stage to conquer “DAOs and Unconquerable Product Ownership”.
- DXDao rocked it with Infinite, making it one of the most unique and best hackathons to date.
- “To govern or not to govern?”. That was not the question when @RossNeilson_dev laid out the latest of governance, DAVI, from DXdao.
- If you’re still not clear on what DXdao brings to the table, it is the vibe.
Social highlights for August
- With excitement growing around the upcoming Arbitrum Odyssey $SWPR shot to the top! It did not stop there with Swapr also being amongst the fastest growing DEX in the Arbitrum ecosystem.
- Swapr was designed for Gnosis Chain and currently holds the third highest TVL here.
- @augustolemble showed us the Power of Crypto
- Getting a shout-out from @nicksdjohnson on the Devcon mainstage, Nimi was firing on all cylinders during the month of October
- @ProfFaustus carried the DXdao and Infinite swag flag!
August Popular Forum Discussions
- Exploit Disclosure — DXdao Governance.
- Swapr Q4 2022 plan
- Not One, not Two, but Three Reflections from Colombia!
- DXD Token WG — Midway Check In
- Restructuring and Refocus | Phase 2: Accountability, Access, Anatomy
About DXdao: DXdao is a decentralized collective that builds, owns, and governs DeFi and governance products. Reputation (REP) is voting power in DXdao, and DXD is the financial token with a claim on profit from DXdao products.
DXdao products include Omen (prediction markets), Carrot (programmable incentives), DXgov (governance framework), and Swapr (governance-enabled AMM). DXdao believes in governance and decentralization.
Connect with DXdao: Discord | Twitter | Telegram | Keybase | DAOtalk Forum